Friday, September 27, 2019

September 27

My girl isn't typically one to go for big social gatherings, so I was a little surprised when, at church last week, she told me she was interested in attending one. So tonight, we went to a women's ministry event.

There was dinner and chit chat and worship time and a message --which just so happened to be based on Galatians 6:9, which has been a hugely important verse for me this year-- and crafts. And of course, a chance to take some goofy photo booth pics.

Sometimes I truly feel like Abby must still be a really little girl because surely she's can't be almost 15. But she is just that -- almost 15 and a sophomore in high school. Although I miss younger-Abby at times, I love how teenager-Abby and I can do these kinds of things together now. And I don't think I could be any prouder of --or anymore blessed by-- the amazing young person she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment