Saturday, September 14, 2019

September 14

A year ago, Abby openly mocked my extensive shoe collection, but recent times have seen her developing her own growing affinity for footwear. So tonight when she asked if she could try on some of mine, I said sure, so she did just that (even though her feet are about a size larger). And the sight of her strutting around in my heels gave me an immediate sense of nostalgia.

She loved wearing my shoes when she was a little one and I knew I had a handful of pics that captured those moments, so I fired up the desktop and took a trip back to 2006. Although this isn't the precise memory that flashed in my mind, it's a good representation of what I'm going for here so it works.

I love watching her grow and mature and I'm really proud of who she is now, but I also love the moments when she unwittingly reminds me of who she once was. We are, after all, the sum of all of our experiences (and then some, I think), so chances to look back fondly on the building blocks that helped to make my girl are priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment