Wednesday, October 13, 2021

October 13

Before Abby got her license and Gracie was driving her to school each morning, the boys would shout "have a good day! We love you!" at her as she climbed into the car, with the assumption that she would find the gesture mortifying.

Although I suspect it didn't really bother her, that didn't stop her from getting up early to wave good-bye and yell "I love you" to her brothers as we headed out. (It was PSAT day for sophomores and juniors so she didn't have to go in until nearly noon.)

Anyway, all three of them seemed to enjoy the interaction and the enthusiasm made me chuckle. So for all of that --for the love shared, for the laughter,  for the enthusiasm, and even for the uproar of loud voices that usually gives me a headache in the early morning hours-- I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment