Thursday, October 14, 2021

October 14

I was, like, totally thrilled when Abby woke me up a few minutes before my alarm clock this morning to announce that it was '80s day for seniors at school so she needed to look in my closet. 

(For the record, I graduated in '96, so I wasn't a teen in the '80s. But in her defense, she gave me the shirt she's wearing in the pic so she was looking for that. And the stack of jelly bracelets she knew I had. And a tutu. And those fishnet gloves. Yep. I had all of that, except I couldn't find the bracelets. Kinda bummed about that. But I digress.)

She hasn't exactly been delighted about being in her last year of high school, so I was genuinely happy to see her so enthusiastic about putting her senior status on display in such an overt way. It made me proud of her and thankful for the ways that she's continuing to grow and mature.

No comments:

Post a Comment