Sunday, October 31, 2021

October 31

Abby was outspoken about wanting to do a themed group Halloween costume with the boys this year, and fortunately Isaac and Brady were receptive to the idea. 

So I present to you Wakko Warner, Yakko Warner, and Dot Warner from "Animaniacs." And, by popular demand, Helloooo Nurse (aka me in a white skirt and jacket that I found buried in my closet and hastily threw on in last-minute fashion).

Abby made elements of each kid-costume: she sewed ears onto Brady's hat, created a headband and made the pants (her first ever and again, without a pattern) for Isaac, and sewed tails onto all three bottom halves. (My addition? The red noses, courtesy of a hot red lipstick pencil.)

So we took some time to capture images of the trio (plus Lambie, of course), carved pumpkins, and got on with our evening plans. While Isaac headed off to a party at his friend Alex's house, the rest of us trooped to the top of the street for a bonfire with the neighbors and trick-or-treating. (Well, Adam took Abby and Brady trick-or-treating. I went with them long enough for the stop at Scott Adams' house because I wanted an excuse to walk up to his rather grand front door. And then I went back to the bonfire.) 

It was, to sum it up, a pleasant day. And it was really nice to spend some time with our neighbors. And with my favorite people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment