Thursday, October 28, 2021

October 28

I'm sure she'll be thrilled that I'm throwing this out there, but Nikki turned 40 day. (Finally.)

So I did as I sometimes do: I got up early, picked up a vanilla latte from the Mother Ship since I know she likes those, and ninja'ed my way over to her house to decorate her van's back window. (And the notion that I was ninja-ing anything is hilarious because I was wearing a neon pink sweatshirt but I guess that's neither here nor there.)

I didn't account for dew (d'oh!) so I had to use a mask and then a bag and finally the sleeves of my sweatshirt to wipe away the water. But I eventually got the job done and made her to come outside for a look (before the letters got all runny).

Anyway, today I am grateful for 40 years of Nikki. And more specifically, for my own eight years with her as a friend. She's consistent and kind and a good listener. And I know she's always around if I need her, even though we don't see each other as often as we once did. That kind of friend is a rare and amazing blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment