Friday, October 22, 2021

October 22

Intel's earnings call was yesterday, which brought this quarter's hugely busy time to an end for Adam. He could've used the extra hours to sleep in or read or bum around the house, but that's not what he did. Nope. In fact, last night he told me to turn off my alarm clock because he planned to take the boys to school. So I had a glorious extra few hours in bed this morning, and then he took me to lunch at Alberto's downtown.

It poured down rain earlier in the day, but by 11:30ish when we got to the restaurant, the skies were clear(er) so we enjoyed our food outside under a tent and soaked in some of the downtown atmosphere.

A lot of the rest of the afternoon is something of a blur because of the enormous "bubbly margarita" there in front of me (because holy cow, alcohol overload for this relative lightweight) but what I do recall leaves me feeling thankful.

See, Adam is a really, really good man. (I think I even stroked his beard and told him that as he put me to bed after lunch. Yep, it was that kind of margarita.) He's kind and stable and funny (sometimes. Sometimes he just thinks he's funny) and reliable. And he adores me. That probably sounds kind of silly, but it's true: this man knows how to love like Jesus told us to love. And he does it every day, even when I'm cranky or unpleasant or when I don't feel like noticing his efforts. Or when I overtly resist his attempts to care for me (because I absolutely do that at times).

So today, I am thankful to God for him and for his influence on my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment