Saturday, July 22, 2023

July 22

Adam, Abby, and I got up this morning and went to see The Barbie Movie. (Brady bowed out of the experience with a curt "why would you think I would ever want to see The Barbie Movie? It's Barbie. So that was that.)

The film itself was pretty good; Margot Robbie, Ryan Gosling, and Kate McKinnon were all well-cast in their respective roles. And I legitimately laughed out loud more than once. 

But truthfully, I was most impressed with my Abby. She made the dress she wore --which is a replica of one of the outfits Barbie wears in the movie-- and she did it without a pattern. The dress features a scalloped skirt, a side zipper, and a heart-shaped cut-out in the back, and she made it happen. It really blows me away that she can just do that.

So today, I'm thankful for the blessing that is my girl. And I'm thankful for her talents and her enthusiasm. (And I'm thankful for the big hug she spontaneously gave me inside the giant doll box, too.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment