Thursday, July 27, 2023

July 27

I had some errands to run this morning and since she didn't have to work today, Abby came along for the ride, and one of our stops was Costco.

I tried on just about every pair of glasses in the optical shop and after some heming, hawing, and mulling, I decided on my frames and ordered them. (Woohoo!) Then we whirled around the store itself to pick up a few items. Just for kicks, Abby mounted the end of the cart for a few moments just as she did so, so many times as a little girl. (It's not as easy to see over her as it used to be.) It was strange to think that those days when Abby and Logan would stand together on the end of the cart were so long ago. 

Anyway, it was fun being out with her. It was fun to try on frames and get her opinions (although we have vastly different taste, her expressions told me when something was a definite NO) and it was fun to sit in the food court eating our hot dogs and talking. So for the time with my girl, I'm grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment