Tuesday, July 4, 2023

July 4

We've not historically been big partiers, so it's not surprising that we opted for a low-key fourth of July: Abby went to work, Adam and I watched some old episodes of Beverly Hills, 90210 from the boxed set I gave him a year or two ago, and the male-folk viewed MI2. (He's getting the boys ready to see the next film in the series when it comes out next weekend.)

Then this evening, we all gathered around the kitchen table for hot dogs, hamburgers, watermelon, and potato chips. And then after dinner, we played several rounds of Seven Up and Class Struggle. (And I think I even won more frequently than I lost. That's an anomaly.)

It was a very 'us' kind of evening. And it was a blessing to just be 'us', laughing and being too loud (ahem... Brady) and doing those us-things that we like to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment