Sunday, July 9, 2023

July 9

We arrived at the field for the third and final game of the day a bit early, so I took a walk. 

The tournament in question is being held at a park that features a big rose garden, so I made a conscious decision to stop and smell several of them along the way.

Most of them were past their prime (given that it's July and all), but this one was particularly fragrant. So much so that I closed my eyes and took an extended second (and then third) sniff.

God makes lots of things that look beautiful -- the sky, the clouds, the trees, the flowers, all kinds of things. But He also makes things that smell beautiful. I guess it's an odd thing to say, but it's true that I rarely stop to appreciate amazing scents. 

So today, I'm thankful for all forms of beauty that God has gifted us -- not just the ones I can see.

No comments:

Post a Comment