Tuesday, May 14, 2013

May 14

Once upon a time, Adam and I were big baseball fans. We were regulars at the Oakland Coliseum for dollar Wednesdays, and probably consumed our weight in dollar hot dogs. We got married smack in the middle of their historic 20-game winning streak, and had the pleasure of being part of a few of those enormously electric crowds in person.

And then the kids came along, and our ardent love of the A's was replaced by an even more ardent love for them.

As we walked to school this afternoon, Isaac wedged himself into the single stroller with Brady, and my attention zeroed in on his A's hat.

And it made me remember --and be grateful for-- the memories I have of those days when life was so much simpler. And it made me even more grateful that I have at least one little guy who can rock an A's cap.

No comments:

Post a Comment