Friday, May 3, 2013

May 3

I had a few ideas for today's entry. But I chucked all of 'em after an important realization came to me this evening: today is Abby's half-birthday.

That fact hit me rather suddenly as she and I took an evening stroll along the soon-to-be-major road that passes behind our house. Eight-and-a-half on the nose.

Half-birthdays may seem silly, and in a way, they are. After all, our society celebrates everything in anniversary form. A year just seems like a logical point of remembrance.

But since I've experienced loss --since I'll never (never... sit in that word, roll in it, feel it for a minute...) get to celebrate another earthly birthday with my sweet sunshine ever again-- special days mean more. Even the special days that no one else even identifies as special will be on my radar because life --every single day of it, for better or for worse-- is worthy of celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment