Thursday, May 23, 2013

May 23

I had a brief but meaningful interaction with Isaac this morning as we sat in the Starbucks drive through line. I shot him a smile in the rear view mirror, and he grinned back. And then he uttered the strangest off-the-cuff remark: You know, you're super big to Jesus. I gave him a funny look and asked what he meant, and he grinned again before saying it means... I love you!

It was an odd comment at the time and it came completely out of left field, but isn't that the case with much of what children say? I swear sometimes God puts words into their mouths when we need to hear them.

I, of course, didn't take a pic in the moment (because it was, after all, just a random little 20-second interaction), so I tiptoed upstairs after bedtime and snapped this one:

He's a good boy, this child of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment