Tuesday, August 23, 2016

August 23

Over the years, I've enjoyed watching my kids walk with their friends. I like to fall back a little and just observe their movements as they stroll along; how their arms sway as they talk, how they smile and laugh. Even when I don't know what they're saying, I love to see their reactions to those mundane, everyday interactions. Today, I got to watch my baby have one of those exchanges as we walked back toward the car after kindergarten.

He first met A during his very first year of preschool, back when they were both just two years old. They fell out of touch for a little while, but now that they're in class together again, I can see their friendship growing.

The knowledge that my children can build and cultivate friendships is such a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment