Wednesday, August 31, 2016

August 31

I feel like it's kind of been The Brady Show around here lately; I guess that's what can happen when a kid is home sick for a few days. And even though he went back to school today, The Brady Show continues on in the form of this drawing:

He drew it yesterday, explained all of the elements, and then promptly taped it to our makeshift family room Art Wall. This evening, as I sat downstairs alone, I studied it some more: I took in the waterfall on the right, the people --one is me and one is him, though I don't remember who has the honor of being the third--, and the coffee cup in the middle. (He was very pointed when he explained that it was my coffee cup. He even drew an arrow so everyone would know that it's mine. He definitely knows me.)

I love that he knows me. I love that he likes to create scenes in his head. And I love that he shares those precious thoughts with me. I know that his days of freely sharing his thoughts with his mom are limited, so I'm thankful that they're happening now.

No comments:

Post a Comment