Wednesday, November 30, 2016

November 30

Brady was incredibly, ridiculously emotional when he woke up this morning. As in Isaac-said-something-borderline-unkind-and-Brady-completely-lost-his-stuffing emotional. He had a fever (again) and a large swollen lymph node behind one of his ears, so he stayed home from school and I called the doctor. Unfortunately I couldn't get him an appointment until the early afternoon, so he spent most of the morning either lying on the couch or in his bed asleep. It was painful for me to see him so uncomfortable, and of course, it brought back unpleasant memories. Already long story slightly shorter, he has another case of strep. So after dealing with one kid feeling off all day long, it was kind of nice to see another one embracing her silly side this evening:

I snapped this a few moments after Adam took the Little Boys up to bed. She was trying to stealthily steal the cheeseburger Brady didn't touch, and I busted her. The laughter that followed was magical. Those sweet moments tucked into otherwise tiring days are such blessings, and I know I'm definitely guilty of missing most of them. But I caught this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment