Monday, October 15, 2018

October 15

Isaac complained that his ear hurt after school, so we headed off to the doctor's office to have it checked out. (The verdict? Double ear infection. No fever and amox aboard now, so he'll hopefully feel better in the morning.) Anyway, as we waited for the doctor, he offered up his usual doses of random chit chat, but he really caught my attention with a simple statement: "I have a lot of plans for the future."

I put my phone down and asked him to elaborate, and he complied. As it happens, he wants to get married, be a baseball player, have kids, build a treehouse for the kids, and then serve as a coach for their sports teams. He then paused, nodded his head, and in a very serious tone, added "my life will be hectic."

I had to stop myself from giggling at that last bit, but it made me happy to hear his plans. I love that he talks to me --even if that "talking" is sometimes actually "rambling"-- since I know not all kids talk to their moms. And for that blessing, I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment