Tuesday, October 23, 2018

October 23

I was tired all day long. I really have no idea why, but I dragged myself from one activity to the next and never really lost that "man, I wish I could just go back to bed" feeling. So when we took a Costco run tonight, I lagged behind everyone else as we made our way to the entrance.

As I walked along behind them, I had the sudden realization that my short people are getting bigger really, really quickly. I had that sense at the pumpkin patch over the weekend, too, and the moment when I realized Abby was actually taller than me was a weird one, but tonight I saw that Isaac and Brady were much bigger than I remembered, too.

Those realizations are always bittersweet for me since I mentally try to place Logan in his spot somewhere between Abby and Isaac. But they're good realizations, too, because as I've said thousands of times before --and will continue to say in the future-- one of life's biggest blessings is watching your children grow up.

1 comment: