Wednesday, October 3, 2018

October 3

I know it's still an odd concept to folks back home, but it doesn't rain here --literally doesn't rain at all-- from roughly May through September or October. So it was legitimately surprising when I looked outside late this afternoon and it was --you guessed it-- raining. I scrounged up an umbrella and stood out on the porch for a few minutes watching a faint rainbow appear and then disappear in the distance before Brady joined me.

He donned his little rainboots and asked for the umbrella, and then stepped out into the rain. He padded back and forth on the sidewalk for a few minutes and then tipped the umbrella to the side for a quick taste.

I watched him for a few seconds and smiled when I remembered the simple joy of just standing in the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment