Thursday, October 25, 2018

October 25

I had a meeting tonight that didn't go exactly as planned. It ended with me feeling an interesting mix of confused, angry, and, well, for lack of an actual word, a facepalm emoji. On the way home, I got two text messages from friends: one offered a drink, and the other, ice cream. Since I'm not much of a drinker, I took the ice cream, but then on the way home I changed my mind and stopped for the drink, too. (Or a bottle of wine I could have at home on my own time, I should say. And that time happens to be now.)

It's true that the wine takes a little of the edge off and is making me tired --which are both very good things right now-- but what really matters to me here is that I was on the receiving end of some much-needed support. So thanks, gals, for being there!

No comments:

Post a Comment