Wednesday, September 14, 2022

September 14

I was milling around the clearance aisle at Michaels this morning when I came across a curious item. 

I looked at that tiny skein of purple yarn for a moment before I picked it up. As I fingered the black and gold label, I wondered what such a tiny amount of wool could possibly make. And it came to me like a lightning strike to the mind.

It's the kind of yarn that I used with plastic needlepoint canvas when I was young. I spent many hours making tissue boxes and Christmas ornaments way back then, and I remember how satisfying it was to finish each project. But somehow, the passage of time muted the memory until I saw that lonely little skein on the shelf.

So today, I'm grateful for sweet recollections that pop up in unexpected places, because it's always a blessing to look back on the good parts of the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment