Wednesday, September 21, 2022

September 21

It's Wednesday, which means that Brady and I had another one of our dates at the Mother Ship before school this morning.

A chocolate cake pop and water for him, coffee and water for me. And some good mom-kid chat-time for the both of us. I don't remember the precise topics of discussion, but I know that we concluded our time together by going out to my car to tackle a tough seventh grade math problem. (He's in sixth grade, but is in an accelerated course.) 

Me and math haven't historically gotten along particularly well, but it was actually kinda sorta fun to sit there with my muffin trying to find the value of x.

As I say most Wednesdays these days, I am grateful for the moments. And today, I'm even grateful for math and how it can bring one and one together. (Abby, that was for you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment