Tuesday, January 24, 2023

January 24

It's Tuesday, which means Youth Group for the boys and date night for us.

While Adam chose steak for his entree (which made good sense since we dined at Cattlemen's), I went with ravioli, which came with a side of potato product. I always enjoy the mashed variety, so that's what I got.

I didn't give the combination much thought until the food arrived and I saw the two plates sitting side by side: ravioli and mashed potatoes. I chuckled at the bizarre combination and noted aloud that it took me 45 years, but I finally had those two items together.

Life is filled with unlikely combinations because that's how God likes to work sometimes: by uniting unlikely pairs and working through them to bring about something truly amazing. So tonight, I'm grateful for ravioli and mashed potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment