Wednesday, January 4, 2023

January 4

I've always thought that I'd fare poorly in the Pacific Northwest, since I like sunshine and don't do well with pervasive cloud-cover and rain. But that's just what we've gotten of late --rain, rain, and more rain, often in torrential style-- and there's (much) more of the same in the extended forecast. (Plus tonight we're getting torrential rain and high winds, which I can hear whooshing by the pop-out window in the kitchen.)

So I was pleased this morning when, as I drove out to visit the Mother Ship for my cuppa java, I saw a swath of baby blue peeking through the dark, dark clouds. 

It was a great reminder to me that above the troubles of this life, blue skies are always there. We may not be able to see them when the rain pounds the earth and the winds blow, but we can rest assured that our inability to see doesn't negate their existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment