Saturday, January 7, 2023

January 7

Abby heads back to school tomorrow, so we kinda sorta let her decide what we'd do today.

So she chose Nation's for lunch (because she does love a good cheeseburger) and Black Bear for dinner.

And in between, while the male folk were all in Oakland for a monster truck rally (yup, totally serious) with Adam's parents and his brother's fam, she and I ventured out to Crumbl for some cookie action. And to Target, just because it's an institution. (And since that bottom left photo would be totally random without explanation, I'll add that when we got home from dinner, she and I donned the hooded pajamas that my mom sent us. Thanks Mom! Your packages got here just in time for us to slide into our inner blueberry and raspberry personas!)

In a way, it feels like she just got here. Part of me is sad that it's already time for her to go back for the second semester, but the other part of me is excited for whatever is in store for her at Wheaton this spring. I'm excited to see her friendships and her faith deepen even more. And I look forward to more tales from campus. I'll miss my one and only girl, but I'm so proud of her and I'm optimistic about this next leg of her journey. Get it, girl. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment