Sunday, November 12, 2023

November 12

I think (well, the reality is that I know, but I'll say it this way anyway to soften it) that it's always bothered Isaac that Brady had won first place in a handful of baseball tournaments when he hadn't. He won a second place trophy as part of the runner-up team that played in the PLL AA Championship a number of years ago, but first place proved elusive. 

Until tonight, that is.

After a very, very long day in the Central Valley, the TVBR 15U team took home the championship in the tournament in which they were playing. (Don't ask what tournament it was because I honestly have no idea. I'm just a fan.) It was a fantastic way to end the fall season.

I trained my eyes on Isaac as the coach handed out the spoils of their victory --rings and t-shirts-- and had to stop myself from tearing up because he looked so, so happy. Genuinely, positively, kid-like happy. And given how he so often seems to carry the weight of the world on his shoulders, it was so good for my mom-heart to see that joy bubbling to the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment