Thursday, February 22, 2024

February 22

Isaac has his first JV baseball game tomorrow afternoon.

And because I have the memory of a goldfish, I completely forgot that he needed white pants with purple piping as part of his uniform.

Since it's virtually impossible to find white baseball pants with purple piping in stores --especially when said-pants are Isaac's preferred knicker style-- I bought bias tape in purple from Walmart and a pair of plain white pants from Big 5 Sports and hoped to cobble together something presentable.

After a failed attempt to attach the tape myself, I appealed to my amazing neighbor Mary for help. And she came through big time. I took the supplies across the street and she sewed the piping on for me, even though she's swamped with work and in the middle of painting the entire interior of her house.

Good neighbors who go above and beyond to help are amazing blessings, and I am so very fortunate to have one just across the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment