Friday, February 23, 2024

February 23

Isaac played his first JV baseball game today, and the Dons came away with a 6-4 win. 

He spent the entire game in right field on defense and batted three times, posting a groundout, a walk, and a sacrifice swinging bunt (of sorts. The important part was that he got the job done by advancing the runner to third).

But best of all, he was in a really positive, cheerful mood afterward. We went to a pizza get-together with one of Brady's teams immediately after the game and he was almost giddy as he munched his pizza and tried on my glasses and took selfies using my phone. And as an extra unexpected bonus, we ran into his old longtime coach Brian and his son Eli on our way out the door.

So for all of that -- for a new start to a new season and for the nod to the past in the form of running into Brian, I am so thankful. Because I so love seeing my sweet Isaac --who is so often so hard on himself-- feeling content.

No comments:

Post a Comment