Wednesday, April 24, 2024

April 24

The Dons had a game in Danville this afternoon so I picked Isaac up at the appointed time and we headed north on the freeway.

It was a cooler and definitively overcast day but aside from the tennis ball that escaped a nearby court and nearly whacked me in the head while I waited for the game to begin, it was a pleasant enough afternoon.

Once the action began, it was a mixed bag for Isaac: he had a pair of swinging strikeouts, but his third at-bat netted a single while his fourth was a pop-out. Defensively he played the entire game in left field, where he made a great running catch to snuff out a mounting rally (among other contributions). 

Although they came out on the losing end, he was chatty as he emerged from the dugout, and spent the ride home talking about the game and various other topics. Given that I'm well-versed with The Moodies these days, I'm very grateful for that chattiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment