Saturday, April 27, 2024

April 27

There was a lot of baseball today for Brady's Intermediates team.

They began with a 9AM House game. This particular match-up was played at the Sports Park in town where virtually all of the boys' years of Little League were played, so the nostalgia was strong for Adam and I. Brady batted leadoff and went 4 for 4; they won that one.

The second game was against a Gold team from Livermore that they'd played three times before, but Brady skipped that one in favor of our nephew Asher's 8th birthday party. (They won that one, too, and given that this was the team that threw at Brady's head during a game last month, I wasn't too disappointed to miss it.)

The third and final game was at 6PM in Livermore against the undefeated and definitively imposing Gold A-team. Given that our boys had lost to this team twice (and badly both times) they had low expectations going in, but they fought hard. Brady started the game and threw 80 pitches over four innings, giving up four (three earned, although it really should've been scored as just one) runs on six hits while striking out four. He also had no walks and no hit batsmen (which, given his history, showed a lot of growth as a pitcher, because Livermore's lineup is a tough one). They wound up losing that one, but I was super proud of Brady, and very gratified when one of the umpires --who happens to be the principal at Isaac's school-- approached us after the game, shook hands with Adam and I, and opined that Brady had thrown a heck of a game. 

So tonight I'm grateful for my kiddo's talent and success. And I'm grateful for and to all of the coaches who have helped him along the way thus far. And I'm grateful for the gracious and supportive big brother he has in Isaac. I have no idea how long he'll play, but I do know that it's fun to watch him now. And I'm thankful for that gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment