Tuesday, April 30, 2024

April 30

There were no games this evening (a truly stunning turn of events) so Brady opted out of practice, the boys went to Youth Group, and Adam and I enjoyed dinner out at one of our usual haunts. (Strizzis, for all you locals.)

After we'd finished our meals and perused the dessert menu, I ordered a decaf mocha. A few minutes later our server appeared with a cup of decaf coffee and an apology: they were unable to get their machine to work properly to make my mocha, so I got coffee on the house. I do love my coffee so I accepted the complimentary substitute, but a few minutes later, another employee appeared with a glass containing... a mocha.

She'd apparently continued fiddling with the malfunctioning machine in the back and eventually got it to work. So they brought it to me and comped it as well.

While I always appreciate free coffee --especially multiple free coffees!-- what I appreciated even more was their determination to deliver what I'd ordered. That's excellent service. And a blessing to my coffee-loving soul.

(P.S. -- I drank every last drop.)

No comments:

Post a Comment