Sunday, December 1, 2013

December 1

Every year, we make gingerbread cookies and the kiddos decorate them. I've amassed a truly impressive (and some may say decidedly alarming) collection of seasonal sprinkles, so Adam and I kind of let them go wild getting their creativity on.

Like I've said numerous times this year (and dude, can you believe I've been doing this for almost a year?!), family and tradition are huge blessings to me. So tonight, I saw God in how well they worked together. I saw Him in Lambie, who sat on Abby's shoulder overseeing the action. I saw Him in Isaac carefully crafting his designs, and in Brady dumping at least an entire container of sprinkles on a single Mater cookie. And I saw Him in the Logan angel Abby made. She used red hot cinnamon candies to give him red hair, but they melted in the oven. At first she was dismayed, but then I pointed out that the melted candies gave him a halo. And they certainly did.

Lots of God to be found right there at our kitchen counter, in the same place we've found Him in years past doing the very same thing. And that predictability... of course, a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment