Tuesday, December 3, 2013

December 3

Isaac isn't a natural when it comes to motor skills. I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but over the summer, I had to fight him to get him to even write his name. So I'm thrilled any time he expresses interest in writing. Yesterday, he brought home Cookie the cat from kindergarten, and today, he wanted to write about his adventures with said fluff-filled feline. So he did, all by himself:

It's true that I spelled out all of the words, helped him with remembering how to shape a few letters and made sure he put spaces in the right places, but I was so pleased --amazed, really-- to see his continued growth manifest itself in his work. Entering the school year, I didn't really expect it, but I'm so glad that he's proven to be such an enthusiastic, dedicated student. And I'm incredibly glad that I don't have to fight him to use a pencil.

It's a big blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment