Monday, December 23, 2013

December 23

The sunset this evening was just stunning, marked by long streaks of the most beautiful, calming shades of pink and orange and yellow:

This is a rather poor rendering of the scene, but my phone didn't want to snap a good shot, so I had to capture a picture of an image I took using my 'good' camera.

Anyway, this particular sunset came after a night and then a day filled with intermittent rain. I didn't love the wet weather; in fact, it was frustrating that it kept us from showing the kiddos DC's lovely monuments.

But this sunset that was born of frustration... well, let's just say that it had a familiar feel to me. Because though there are storms in this life, beautiful sunsets often follow. And we just may enjoy them if we drop the anger and disappointment and let ourselves stand in awe for a few moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment