Saturday, December 14, 2013

December 14

Brady, my baby, my mini muffin, turned 3 years old today. He endured a very (very) long wait to take his annual birthday photos, and then a rather short wait to see Santa (since Adam, Isaac and Abby stood in line while we were at the portrait studio!). He's a shy guy; he made the poor photographers' job a toughie, and he initially pulled the shy routine with Santa, too, until the jolly old elf asked what he wanted for Christmas, and he replied --with an arm swish and a grin-- a lot of cars. A rainbow of cars. It made me smile.

Then we moved on to lunch (at 2:00) at Red Tractor, where he had his fully silly persona in full effect:

Then it was home for presents, the family room premiere of Planes, and cake. Rainbow cake, his special request.

Now that he's off to bed, I have some downtime. And the thing I want to say more than anything is... I just love that kid so much. Three years ago, my life changed. All of my babies were with me that day. I miss that reality; I miss having them all here with me. They are, of course, all together in my heart, but I so wish I could hug all of them to my chest, too.

Brady is so much like Logan in some ways that it takes my breath away. The way he dances and shakes his booty, the funny things he says, the way his eyes glisten when he's excited. His oft-unbridled enthusiasm.

I'm so thankful for him. I'm thankful for the ways that he reminds me of Logan and for the ways that he's distinctly his own person.

Children show us so much about life and how to love, and I'm quadruply blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment