Tuesday, December 31, 2013

December 31

I'm completely exhausted. We got up at 4:30 Eastern time this morning to catch our flight home, and I'm definitely feeling the effects of the journey. Despite my tiredness, however, it was a good day and I had several potential options for today's entry, my 365th wink. And I was all ready to make my pick. But then I went up to my room a few minutes ago and found something that changed my mind. It was this:

It is, of course, a Corvette. I'm sure I bought it at some point. It was probably in my room on a shelf. But I cannot explain how it came to be where I found it this evening.

I bought myself an American Girl doll a few weeks ago. (Yes, I'm a 35-year old 10-year old girl. I'm not ashamed.) I took her out of the outer shipping box and left it beside my bed. Then we left town for 10 days. Yet somehow, that car made its way into that shipping box. I was startled when I went to move it and saw that slick red Corvette sitting alone inside.

Adam doesn't know how it wound up inside that box, nor does Abby. And those particular cars are kept out of Isaac and Brady's collective reach. They are, of course, allowed to play with almost all of the cars we own; the Corvettes, however, well, there are different rules for some of those.

So yeah. I don't know how it got there. But it meant so much to me to see it. It's a reminder that although we're entering yet another year without Logan in our lives physically, he's still here with us. Although I don't understand how it all works --if it's Logan or God sending us signs-- it gives me comfort to know that He --and he-- is still there, doing itty bitty things like putting Corvettes in boxes (and armoires) so I can find them and be encouraged.

No comments:

Post a Comment