Thursday, September 1, 2016

September 1

I can't believe it's already September. It's nearly pumpkin season, which is pretty much my very favorite time of the whole year. I love cool, crisp air and warm coffee and cider and crackly leaves and the smell of other people using their fireplaces. (But not me, because I'm allergic. But I like to smell the smoke from a safe distance.) And mushrooms. Okay, well, not really, but I needed a transition.

I pointed these out to Brady as we trekked over to the school to pick up Isaac this afternoon. Not at all surprisingly, he immediately said they looked like Toadies (like from the Super Mario games). I, meanwhile, marveled aloud over how amazing mushrooms really are: over how there's zero sign of them one day, but just hours later, they're fully grown. It was a nice little reminder that sometimes, really cool things can spring forth from the most unlikely places, so we should always be hopeful that unexpected blessings will pop up.

No comments:

Post a Comment