Friday, May 15, 2020

May 15

Adam came into the kitchen at a little after 11 this morning and found the rest of us seated around the table. He stopped, surveyed the scene, and remarked "my family during the age of COVID19."

It was an obvious observation, but also an astute one, because it was so true. So this is a slice of our current life, preserved for the future: me on my laptop, Brady playing a video game while eating a massive bowl of Capn' Crunch, Isaac playing a different video game while eating his own massive bowl of Capn' Crunch, Abby researching sloth bears on her phone, and BearBear leering at me. (Kidding. She was researching sloth bears and "animals most likely to cut me" yesterday, not today. Side note: Look up sloth bears. They're terrifying.)

Anyhow, this situation we're all dealing with isn't ideal at all, but we're making the best of it. And I'm thankful for the bonus moments with these people, even if some of the moments push me to the brink of insanity, because even at 42, I'm still learning something new and growing from those difficult hours and minutes. And ultimately, that will make me a better person, and becoming a better person is totally where it's at.

No comments:

Post a Comment