Thursday, May 7, 2020

May 7

On the surface, this looks like a plain old picture of Isaac and Brady by the pool.

But in reality, I snapped this image when they were in the middle of a rip-roarin' argument. I heard them squabbling from inside the house (which was no small thing since it was hot out today and the windows were closed at the time) and went out to check on them. I'm not sure what the problem was but the important thing is that I was able to defuse it. And a few minutes later, I went back inside and they went back to swimming together -- peacefully.

I'm like almost all moms in that I routinely feel insufficient and like I'm just not enough. So today, I'm letting this photo remind me that despite my insecurities, I am enough of a mom for my kids because this time, I was able to help resolve a problem. And for that (not) tiny bit of reassurance, I'm grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment