Friday, May 8, 2020

May 8

Our move has been very, very gradual, partly because we can't have anyone else move into our old house anytime soon anyway, partly because I'm dragging my feet because moving sucks, and partly because it can be hard to come across items that trigger specific memories of times gone by. But a few days ago, I finally had Adam hang some photos in our entry way. Here they are:

These canvas prints --all of me with our kids at the pumpkin patch at about the same age-- previously hung in our dining room. As I was surveying the space here the other day, my gaze settled on that particular spot and I knew that's where they belonged.

So that's one bit of decorating down with a lot more to go. (Our giant family photo and a large collage I made using photos from that same amazing session last fall arrived this week, in fact.) But I'm grateful to have one in place, because I want this home to really fully feel like home, and we had to start somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment