Tuesday, May 26, 2020

May 26

Dancing is not Adam's thing, so I was super duper proud of him when he agreed to do the Father/Daughter dance class with Abby this spring. He dutifully attended each class before we went into shelter in place mode, and since then has dutifully attended each Zoom class, too. Tonight marked the close of the "regular" season, so they wore their recital costumes to class. (Well, costumes sans shoes. We don't wear shoes in our house.)

I haven't seen their routine because every time the music starts to play, Abby nags me until I leave the room, but every now and then I hear them laughing and I always hear them galloping around on the wood floor. And it makes me smile.

These two don't have much time together these days, but I'm grateful for the relationship they share, because it's an important one to have in this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment