Tuesday, May 19, 2020

May 19

Taco Tuesday has, it seems, become a Thing at our house. And playing hands of cards after dinner has become another Thing, as have bizarre, post-dinner, during-card-games BearBear-led sing-a-longs to various country music hits. Tonight's inspiration was Luke Bryan's Play it Again.

I've said this before and I'll probably keep saying it because it will continue to be true, but these are weird times. (I know. Duh.) And though I certainly miss aspects of my "normal" life, I'm enjoying (and admittedly sometimes just attempting to enjoy) all of this extra time with my people -- especially Abby. She'll be halfway through high school in just a week and a half, and I know what's left of our time with her is limited, so all of the moments --even the weird BearBear ones that leave me simultaneously scratching my head and laughing-- are a treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment