Sunday, May 3, 2020

May 3

You know those days when life just feels big and heavy and overwhelming, like one of those snowsuits your parents force you to wear when you're three that makes you look like an overstuffed polar bear? Today was one of those for me. I don't really know why; it just was. So it was extra sweet when my baby gave me a big, entirely unsolicited squeeze this evening after dinner.

Of all of my kids, Brady is the one who's probably most likely to start brawl in a locker room some day (and I know that sounds terrible but, well, it's true) so it was a bit surprising when he spied me standing by the desk just outside the kitchen and wrapped his little arms around my waist. I hugged him back, and pulled my cardigan around him so I could fully envelope his sweetness for a few moments.

Not all of life is good, that's for sure. But there are blessed moments mixed in with the not-go-great ones. And I'm thankful for them, even on my more forgettable days.

No comments:

Post a Comment