Sunday, February 14, 2021

February 14

I got up this morning to find roses, coffee, and a truly epic amount of boxed chocolate sitting at my place at the kitchen table. (I said something to Adam about appreciating Russell Stover and Whitman's candies a few months back. Apparently the message was received.) So that's how Valentine's Day began.

It continued as a run-of-the-mill Sunday, with church and a walk around the park and some down time. The kids picked their dinner fare --Black Bear Diner-- and ate early, while Adam and I went a wee bit fancier and enjoyed our dinner from Haps rather late in the evening. (Abby snapped this pic of us for me and then dimmed the lights.) 

Anyway, it was a pleasant day, I think. It's definitely a Hallmark holiday, but it's always nice to have a specific reason to appreciate those we love just a little bit more than usual. So for that opportunity, I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment