Sunday, February 28, 2021

February 28

Isaac had a baseball game in Orinda this afternoon. The opposing team wound up being a wee bit (which in this case directly translates to "extremely") late to the affair, so Adam, his dad, and I ended up sitting in the outfield a bit longer than planned.

Now ordinarily that kind of flagrant disrespect for someone else's time would really bother me, but it was such a pleasant afternoon --warm temps, a light breeze, sunshine for days-- that it really didn't. In fact, it didn't even bother me that the Spartans wound up on the losing end. I just enjoyed the time outside and the chit-chat and the chance to watch Isaac play (and score three of the team's four runs. That probably helped, too).

I've said it many times before but it's still the truth: this team has been a sanity-saver for us in many ways as we've endured the COVID shut-downs. So for that ongoing blessing and for the lovely day and for the unexpected burst of grace that I experienced that kept me from getting upset over the delay, I'm grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment