Monday, February 8, 2021

February 8

I haven't slept well for several days now so I tried to "catch up" as best I could this afternoon. When I finally did emerge from the bedroom, I found Isaac and Brady sitting in the new recliner in the family room taking in an episode of "American Ninja Warrior." (No school today, hence the PJs.)

I watched them for a minute and then pulled out my phone to memorialize the sweet moment. Brady glanced over and saw me and spoiled my stealthy plan to his Brosito (because for some reason, I've taken to calling them The Brositos. I have no idea why but it makes me chuckle when I say it so there ya go) so they both smiled. For real.

I just love watching them grow up together. They're way too loud most of the time (no need for a megaphone in this house) and they definitely fight, but they always work it out. And witnessing them as they forge that enduring kind of friendship is a blessing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment