Thursday, February 25, 2021

February 25

After a very (very) long wait, Abby had her first driving lesson today. (Which means that her learner's permit is finally, finally active and she can now drive with... gulp... us.)

On the way home, I stopped in a nearby mostly empty parking lot so she could show me what she learned. Although there was resistance (and much disdain for both the push-button starter and the design of the gearshift), she (reluctantly) complied and took me for a few turns around the lot.

It's crazy (crazy) that she's 16 and learning to drive an actual car because I feel like she was just starting middle school last year. And kindergarten the year before that. And birth? That was what, like five years ago?

Time flies. But I am grateful for each moment -- and especially for the milestones.

No comments:

Post a Comment