Saturday, February 27, 2021

February 27

I could be mis-remembering this, but I'm 90-some percent sure that most of the ice cream I consumed as a kid came in thin, rectangular boxes that gave the deliciousness inside a distinctive boxy shape.

That's why when we were at Target a few weeks ago and Abby expressed delight over the rectangular boxes of ice cream she spied in the freezer there, I had to stop for a moment and think.

When was the last time I saw one of those boxes? My conclusion, after mulling the question for a while? A long time ago.

So today, when we were back at Target again for our usual Saturday shopping exploit, I bought one of those classic boxes of ice cream. Her amusement and my healthy shot of nostalgia were well-worth the $1.99 (a bargain, no less) that I paid. And for all of that, I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment