Wednesday, February 3, 2021

February 3

One of my ongoing projects is organizing the thousands of kid-photos we've amassed over the past 16+ years into individual albums. (And trust me, between sports pics and dance pics and birthday pics and so on, "thousands" may well be an underestimate.) The process has been a slow one and I hadn't worked on them at all for a few weeks until tonight (after the order of 5x7 photo sleeves I needed to continue arrived from Amazon).

So this evening, I separated, scanned, and album'ed all of Abby's school pictures. (Except for kindergarten. I have no idea where that particular envelope is but I'll find it eventually!) 

It was amazing to lay them all out on the floor in our room and realize how much she's grown (and stayed the same) over the years; to see her spring from preschooler to elementary schooler to middle schooler to high school junior, all in one sweeping glance.

It's may be bittersweet, but it's a truly beautiful thing to have a front row seat to someone else's formative years.

No comments:

Post a Comment